Next week we will be celebrating Earth Day. To show the children how we can reuse or re-purpose items we don’t use anymore, we’d like you to do an earth day project with your child if you can. Any time next week, bring in an item that has been re-purposed, such as an empty milk jug turned into a bird feeder. If you need ideas you can look at our Pinterest page. Novi Woods Pinterest
This week and next our students are learning about Earth Day and recycling. In addition, the preschool classrooms are continuing their study of birds, land forms, North America and the map of the USA.
Today we had a Yoga teacher from Little Yogis come and give a demonstration class to all the preschool classrooms. Ms. Candis will start Yoga classes this summer and continue next school year. The children LOVED this class. Please as your child what they learned. It was sweet to see them do rainbow pose, tree pose and flower pose. Ms. Candis will join us at our school picnic to meet parents and answer questions and she will have registration forms available at the beginning of summer camp. The program will be an enrichment program, so families who wish to participate will sign up with Little Yogis and pay their fee. Each child who participates will receive a t-shirt and yoga mat! Check out the pictures below:
- Hot Lunch: we can only serve the items on the menu for the day. Please don’t ask for substitutions. We don’t always have another day’s item available.
- Dress your children appropriately for the weather outside. We do go outside, weather permitting. You must have a doctor’s note if there is a reason your child can not go outside.
- Drive slowly in the parking lot!!! Please consider children’s safety over anything else.
- Call the office if your child will not be in school.
- Do not bring your child to school on a scheduled day off. We are full on many days and cannot accept changes to schedules.
- May 9: Mother’s Night CEDAR ROOM 6-7pm
- May 10: Mother’s Night PINE ROOM 6-7pm
- May 11: Mother’s Night MAPLE ROOM 6-7pm
- May 26: Spring Concert 6:00pm
- School closes at 3:00pm this day
- Students should arrive at 5:30pm
- Concert location: Walled Lake Central High School 1600 Oakley Park Rd, Walled Lake, MI 48390
- June 16: SCHOOL CLOSED FOR END OF THE YEAR PICNIC
- Join us for the School Picnic 9:00am-12:00pm
- Bring a picnic lunch and drinks for your family.
- Enjoy the splash pad and play structure
- We will meet under the pavillion
- Picnic is at Heritage Park in Farmington Hills
- 24915 Farmington Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48336
REGISTRATION: Please turn in your summer and fall registration forms.