Summer Camp is off to a great start! The children learned about Trash to Treasure (using the 3 R’s: Reuse, Recycle, Re-purpose). All of the preschool & older children participated in Wild Child’s program on Wednesday. See the photos below to check it out!
Next week is Bug Bonanza! We will have an in-house show on June 25 at 10:00am for all classes!
- If your child has allergies, double check with the lead teacher to be sure everything is correct on our allergy report. If your child needs medication for allergies, be sure to bring it with a completed medication form.
- If you have not signed up for Text Message Alerts via Remind, please do so. We use this system if we need to send out a school-wide message or in case of emergency. For instructions, click HERE
- If you have not read the welcome letter that was sent out before camp started, it is important you do so at Summer Welcome Letter
- For those signed up for Dance Class, there is no class next week
Remember, tuition for the week is due on the first day of your child’s attendance each week. Drop a check off in the tuition box to the left of the fish tank, or you can pay online if you’ve set up your account in the parent portal of Sandbox.
Bike days, water activities and walks to the park will start in July as the weather starts to cooperate!
Remember we are closed 7/4/19 and 7/5/19 for the Independence Day holiday!
Elementary: Pine Class
Older students held a can drive. You can still bring more in if you have them! They are learning that it’s important to recycle returnables and will use the proceeds towards purchasing art supplies OR having a pizza party at the end of summer!
They were also busy in the classroom starting their physical fitness routine, practicing yoga & learning to meditate (we are using an app called Headspace!)
In addition to their language & math workbooks, they are learning the basics of chess. This week we started with the Pawn Parade game where pawns are the only pieces used. Some students started learning our first Math Pentathlon game.
Finally, these students love arts & crafts! Lots of friendship bracelets, painting & more was enjoyed. Lots more to come there!
- Be sure to sign a field trip permission slip for walks to the park
- If your child reads, please bring an independent book labeled with their first and last name for them.
Preschool: Maple Class
The preschoolers were also busy learning about the 3R’s. Ms. Maya commented on how much they understood. They enjoyed the presentation from Wild Child and had a lot of good questions & comments for her!
The Maple Class is working all summer with the Montessori materials to keep their learning going. They are enjoying this and are so busy. They also get to use the Cedar Class for arts & crafts and it is fully stocked!
Toddler: Tulip Class
The Toddlers had a few new faces this week. Everyone is adjusting well. Our older Toddlers will be transitioning to preschool when able or will be moving to the Daffodil room (formerly the Infant room) with Ms. Ramya. We will notify you when we are getting ready for that transition.