If your family is anticipating a vacation, you may want to review our policy:
Extended Absence: Tuition is not subject to adjustment because of illness, vacation/travel or extended absence, unless over two weeks. There will be no adjustment for the first two weeks of absence. Beginning on the third week and each week following, you will see your normal tuition charged and then a credit for half of your tuition beyond two weeks. This guarantees your child’s place upon return.
Because we do not have weekly tuition, a weekly tuition is created in this situation by taking your total Academic Year tuition (the amount you pay each month times 9) and divide it by 40 weeks that we are in school. ***Please note: there are actually 41 weeks between September 4, 2018 and June 14, 2019. Tuition charges already reflect the week we are closed in December and that week is NOT charged in your 9 tuition payments. Your 9 payments are simply the 40 weeks we are in school divided by 9.
Once you have a weekly rate, we will take the number of weeks you are gone and credit you the appropriate amount (1/2 your tuition starting on the 3rd week). Please see the example below:
Jimmy and his family are going on an extended trip from December 1-January 15. Jimmy’s tuition is 9 payments of $938. This means his total tuition is $8442 (9 x $938). So, his weekly rate is $8442/40 weeks which is $211.05.
Jimmy’s account will still be charged 9 payments of $938. However, using the calculations below, we will credit Jimmy’s account according to the policy for his vacation:
There are 6 weeks in Jimmy’s vacation:
Weeks 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3, 12/10 and 12/17.
- Week 11/12 there is no vacation credit (first 2 weeks of vacation)
- Week 11/19 there is no vacation credit (first 2 weeks of vacation)
- Week 11/26 will be credited $105.53 which is half of his weekly rate.
- Week 12/3 will be credited $105.53 which is half of his weekly rate.
- Week 12/10 is credited $105.53 which is half his weekly rate.
- Week 12/17 is credited $105.53 which is half his weekly rate.
- In November, Jimmy’s account will show a charge for $938 and then a credit for $105.53.
- In December, Jimmy’s account will show a charge for $938 and then a credit for $316.59.