Join us at our Open House
Sunday, February 10, 2019
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Meet our teachers and see if a Montessori program is right for your child!
At our Open House, you will be able to visit all of the pre-primary classrooms, talk with the Montessori teachers and learn about our program. Some of the things you’ll learn are:
- Montessori classrooms are mixed-age groups, so the pre-primary classrooms have children ranging in age from 2 years 9 months through Kindergarten. This setting is a microcosm of our society, where we work with people of all ages, abilities and personalities. Younger children come in as followers and older students leave as leaders!
- Our Toddler classroom is also a mixed-age group and will soon split into two separate classes: The Tulip room will have students from 18 months- 30 months and the Daisy room will have students who are 2.5-3 years old or when they’re ready to enter the pre-primary classroom.
- We have 3 pre-primary classrooms. All have the same curriculum but they all move at their own pace. Each child is allowed to progress through the curriculum at their own speed as we recognize some students learn quickly and quickly want more, and others need a bit more time to absorb information.
- Novi Woods is celebrating 25 years this year! We are excited to be celebrating this milestone and are proud of the students who have went on to succeed in all aspects of life!
- The Montessori Method is over 100 years old! It has withstood the test of time because Maria Montessori designed a curriculum that is self-correcting and hands-on. The materials are attractive and child-sized. The language curriculum is unique so that a child can feel successful early and read at a younger age. Equally well-conceived are the mathematics activities, which work with concrete materials like beads and demonstrate that anyone is able to become comfortable with math.
- Montessori children do better in reading and math but also outperform other children on a whole host of other indicators.
- Students from Novi Woods Montessori have been extremely successful and have gone on to a host of school and life successes!