Welcome to Novi Woods Montessori’s Summer Camp! Please take time to review the following items to bring and some daily policies and procedures.
On your first day, please bring:
- Emergency & Medical Release
- Health Appraisal
- First weekly payment (and registration fee if not already paid). The check should have your child’s first and last name in the Memo section.
- Labeled Sunscreen/Bug spray if needed. These both require a signed medication form available in the office and must be labeled with your child’s name. We ask that you apply it in the morning and we will apply it after lunch.
- Breakfast (If needed). All supplies provided by parents. Breakfast cutoff time is 8:00am. If your child needs to eat after this time, you are welcome to stay and assist them.
Preschool and older:
- A labeled plastic box (shoebox size) with a complete change of clothes including underwear and socks. Click HERE for an example.
- Close-toed shoes safe for outdoor play
- Weather appropriate outerwear (label all sweaters/coats). We go outside every day weather permitting
- A healthy lunch! Include a cloth placemat/napkin. Add an ice pack if necessary as we do not have room in the refrigerator.
- We can heat your child’s lunch if needed.
- If you wish to sign your child up for hot lunch, please do so before 10:00am. The cost is $3/lunch.
- A water bottle labeled with your child’s name—take this home each day
- Preschoolers who nap: A crib-sized sheet and blanket, no pillows, all in a small tote bag (labeled). Bedding is required to be taken home at the end of each week for laundering
- A labeled plastic box (shoebox size) with a complete change of clothes including socks and about 6 pairs of underwear. Click HERE for an example.
- A healthy lunch! Include a cloth placemat/napkin. Add an ice pack if necessary. Label all of your child’s food and drink
- We can heat your child’s lunch if needed. If you wish to sign your child up for hot lunch, please do so before 10:00am.
- A sippy cup (labeled with name and date) or water bottle—take this home each day
- A crib-sized sheet and blanket, no pillows, all in a small tote bag (labeled). Bedding is required to be taken home at the end of each week for laundering
- Diapers, wipes, diaper cream (labeled with your child’s name—diaper cream requires a medication form)
- A labeled plastic container with a lid that will fit under the crib for extra clothes, sleep sack, bibs, etc.
- Two portable sized crib sheets (labeled). The best one is HERE
- Labeled Bibs, sleep sacks, pacifiers, burp cloths
- Extra clothes including socks (labeled)
- Diapers, wipes and diaper cream (requires medication form and please label)
- Pre-made bottles (formula should be already mixed with water and ready to feed); all bottles should be labeled with name, date and contents. We can heat your child’s bottle if needed
- Baby food (labeled with child’s name and contents if it is home-made). Include an utensils (labeled)
Policies and Procedures
Arrival and Departure: Please arrive on time for drop-off and pick-up. You will need to enter a passcode to get in to the building. This passcode is the last 4 digits of your cell phone and then the # sign. If it doesn’t work, please ring the bell and someone will assist you. Sign your child in and out every day on the iPad above the fish tank. You will enter your same passcode as the door (unless you’ve changed it in the Parent Portal) and your initials. Instructions are HERE. Only individuals listed on the Child Information Card are authorized to pick up your child. If a staff member does not recognize the individual picking up your child, they will ask for identification and match that to our records of who is authorized to pick up your child. Please inform any grandparents, babysitters, etc. to bring their state-issued identification so they are prepared. Safety is our first priority.
Tuition: Please drop off your payment when tuition is due and place it in the tuition box on the wall near the fish tank. CLEARLY label your check with your child’s first and last name. Remember most banks offer online banking and you can set up automatic payments mailed directly to us. Cash MUST be given to an administrator and a receipt must be requested. Novi Woods Montessori cannot be held responsible for missing cash payments without a receipt. If you need a receipt or statement, email us at email@example.com and we will email you a receipt/statement within 24 hours.
Communication: Please check our website regularly at www.noviwoods.com/blog. We update it with upcoming events, newsletters and pictures! You will be sent a Registration email to be able to check your account online. Please sign up for this when you receive it. You will be able to check your balance, print receipts and statements and more. Important: Join our emergency text message system called Remind. Text the phone number 81010 and the message @nwmsummer. This will automatically add you. We will use this to contact you if there is a school closure due to loss of power, water, etc. or if there is an urgent message that needs to go out to all parents. We may also use it for last minute reminders.
If you need to talk to your child’s teacher, the best time to call the school is 11:30-12:30 with any questions as to not disrupt class. Please do not ask to speak with your child’s teacher after class starts as their priority is with their students. You are welcome to leave a message with the office and your child’s teacher will get back with you during non-class time. If possible, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any billing notes or requests. If you arrive late, please park on the far side of the parking lot and check in with the office as to not disrupt class. A teacher will walk your child in to class.
Hot Lunch: If your child will be eating hot lunch, please sign them up before 10:00am. There is a hot lunch sign up sheet near the attendance sign in. The cost is $3 per lunch. The menu is posted on a bulletin board near the sign in sheets. We cannot offer multiple options per day, so please do not ask for substitutions (i.e. pancakes on pizza day). We do not always have substitutions available. You may pay each day your child eats hot lunch, or you can wait and pay each week when tuition is due as hot lunches are billed at the end of each week.
Medication: If your child must take prescription or over the counter medications at the center for any reason, please notify a staff member. In accordance of state guidelines, you must sign a Medication Permission Form and adhere to all rules put in place by the state. All medication must be in its original packaging and Novi Woods Montessori will only administer medications according to its labels’ instructions. You are taking full responsibility for any unforeseen reactions your child may have to any medication you ask us to dispense.
Illness: To protect all children at Novi Woods Montessori, your child will not be accepted at the center if he/she has any of the following symptoms: a fever, a rash or eye infection that has not been diagnosed, or any diarrhea or vomiting. Children must be symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school. If your child develops any symptoms while in the center, he/she will be isolated from the other children, parents will be contacted by phone, and the child must be picked up within one hour of that phone call.
Labeling: State Licensing requires all Infants’ and Toddlers’ food, milk, formula, feeding supplies to be labeled every day with your child’s name, the contents and the date. All other supplies must be labeled with your child’s name, including bottle caps, pacifiers, burp cloths, blankets, and crib sheets. The easiest way to do this is to purchase labels that you can print. Have several sheets of labels with your child’s name and a place to write the contents and date.
Parking Lot Safety: Please be careful in the parking lot!! Go slow and watch for children who may dart out from in between cars. To facilitate drop-off in the morning, teachers will assist Preschool and older children. Between 8:20am and 8:30am, parents can pull up in front of the door and a teacher will assist your child inside. If your child is here for the academic day, teachers will also assist pick-up and have children ready to get in your car between 3:20-3:35. If you have messages for your child’s teacher or the office, have a note prepared or call/email the office. Please keep your drop off/pickup brief. The parking lot gets busy and we need as many parking spaces as possible.
We cannot stress enough the importance to label everything that comes to school. Thank you and we look forward to a fun summer!
Novi Woods Montessori