Toddler Enrichment Ideas:
Please email a picture of your child with their artwork, project or doing their activity to email@example.com with the subject line “enrichment”.
We will compile the pictures we receive and send them out regularly so the class can see what everyone is doing.
Please email a picture of your child with their artwork, project or a photo of them completing an activity to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Projects: Have your child hold their project and snap a picture! Check out some projects below!
- Physical Education: Take a picture of your child being active such as yoga or dancing!
- Practical Life: Capture your child helping out around the house. Remember Practical Life teaches Order, Independence, Concentration and Coordination (OICC)
- Take a photo of your child waving to his/her class!
Remember that Montessori Toddlers are used to “doing it themselves”. Allow your Toddler to be as independent as possible.
Montessori Toddler Art Ideas & Links:
Montessori Toddler Practical Life Ideas & Links:
- Wash windows and other activities
- Slicing a banana with a butter knife
- Flower arranging with fresh or artificial flowers
- Dry beans pouring with a funnel
- Transfer work
Montessori Toddler Sensorial Ideas & Links:
- Sort any items by color
- Stacking blocks by size
Music that is played in the Toddler Classes:
|Make home-made playdough||Art, Sensorial||Creativity, fine motor skills, sense of smell|
|Watercolor and salt||Art||Creativity, fine motor skills|
|Make a sun||Art||Fine motor skills|
|Cosmic Kids Yoga||Physical Education||Large motor skills|
|Go Noodle App: fun games that get kids moving||Physical Education||Large motor skills|
|Color Mixing||Science, Sensorial||Experimenting with colors, visual discrimination|
|Sink or Float||Science, Sensorial||Scientific discrimination|
|Cutting a banana with a butter knife||Practical Life||OICC|
|Drying dishes||Practical Life||OICC|
|Dry pouring with a funnel||Practical Life||OICC|
|Sorting/Counting Cereal or other house foods||Math||OICC|
|Sorting Socks||Practical Life||OICC|
|Tying Shoes/Zippers||Practical Life||OICC|
|Practical Life Activities for Spring||Practical Life||OICC|
|Table Washing||Practical Life||OICC|
|Water the plants||Practical Life||OICC|
Order, Independence, Concentration and Coordination (OICC)